NSCI Safety Champion's Training Course
Developing a positive safety culture in the organization is a continuous process built over the time involving all employees. In fact, it is both individual and collective responsibility and requires a positive attitude inculcated through motivation, appreciation, acknowledgement, awards, recognition etc. Although the organisations appoint qualified site safety officers, in a strong safety culture, everyone feels responsible for safety and pursues it on a regular basis. Employees go beyond the call of duty to identify unsafe conditions, behaviours and intervene to correct them. Organizations have come up with a new concept of “Safety Champions” who play vital role and supplement the efforts of management for implementing of the performance-based safety programs. Enthusiast safety champions act as role models for safety, identify the safety hazards, correct the at-risk behaviours of others, and always look for opportunities to improve the Safety culture. Every employee may become a Safety Champion by implementing the Safety rules by themselves and encouraging others to do the same.
NSC has specially introduced this course in association with KEN Institute of Executive Learning to help the organisations to create a pool of Safety champions, who can become the pillars of a successful safety program of the organisation.
The syllabus refers to national, international conventions, standard legislations, codes and best practices
The classes for this program will be held through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via KEN interactive digital learning platform. The pedagogy will comprise online lectures, interactive forums, class exercises and case study discussions imparted by NSC faculty in order to help participants gain the knowledge and understanding of important aspects of the course. All participants will be granted 24×7 access to KEN learning management platform comprising of learning aids, study materials, reference materials, assessments, recorded videos, and assignments etc. as per the requirement of the program. Students can chat real-time with the professors during the live class and also post all other program-related queries offline, on the KEN platform.
- Delivers core Occupational health, safety, and Environmental knowledge for effortless execution of health and safety practices in a diverse and challenging global workplace.
- The participant will be able to identify the safety hazards & non compliances at workplace, recommend the corrective actions and understand the requirements for enhancing the Safety culture at the workplace.
- Standard Duration: 5 Days
- Learning Hours: 18.5 Hours
- Training Method: E-Learning.
- Flexibility: Due to busy schedule or time zone difference if registered student miss to attain live session he/she can attain recorded session anytime anywhere.
- Online Exam: Give Examinations in flexi timings within 10 days of courses commencements
- Day 1:
Module 1: Introduction of Safety Champion Program Duration: 15 Mins
Module 2: Overview of Indian and International Legal Requirements related to the Safety Duration: 135 Mins
Module 3: Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Duration: 90 Mins
- Day 2:
Module 1: Fire Prevention and Protection – Code and Standards Duration: 90 Mins
Module 2: Electrical Safety Duration: 90 Mins
Module 3: Chemical Safety Duration: 90 Mins
- Day 3:
Module 1: Safety at Construction Sites Duration: 90 Mins
Module 2: Mechanical Safety Duration: 90 Mins
Module 3: Monitoring of Workplace Environment Duration: 90 Mins
- Day 4:
Module 1: Accident Reporting, Investigation and Analysis Duration: 150 Mins
Module 2: Safety Culture and BBS Management Duration: 90 Mins
- Day 5:
Module 1: Selection, Use and Maintenance of Personal Protective Equipment Duration: 90 Mins
Assessment: Online Examination Duration: 60 Mins
- 60 Min Online Examination
- INR 35000 / USD 460 (Inclusive of all taxes)